Nepal International Marathon
The impact marathon movement Nepal
So here it is, your chance to be part of the Impact Marathon movement in Nepal; your chance to unleash the power of running. Run for others, with other. But, before all that, the Impact Week experience is all about seeing, feeling and understanding your ability to change the world. Live in our Athletes' Village for 5 nights before the race; you'll make the most extraordinary new friends here whilst heading out into the local villages to get stuck into the community projects at the very places where your fundraising is going. See, feel and understand your impact...then take on 2000m of climbing on trails high in the sky in the toughest, race of your life.
The first ever Nepal International Marathon is in the books! 2016 finished on a high for us and the 120 people living in our Athletes' Village.
This truly was a race like no other:
- a week of hard graft building a 5km pipeline (led by the amazing women of Kakani Village) that brought year round clean water to the area;
- the opportunity to visit the incredible projects that the fundraising goes toward and see how organisations across Nepal are tackling the Global Goals;
- morning yoga as the sun rose gently above the Himalayas;
- evenings eating Momos around the campfire and making life-long friends
- the hardest marathon any of our runners had ever faced; taking on over 2000m of climbing at altitude through the stunning Shivapuri National Park and yet every single brave soul finished!
From 13th-19th November 2017 we go again! And we would be honoured if you would join us...
The Nepal Marathon Team